Well, they probably both did have indication of a threat ahead (though
at 200kts only for about 10 seconds).

BUT as Luke indicated, he was thinking about the other two (known)
aircraft he was with (and I probably would have been too).

The oncoming pilot, we won't know what they were thinking/doing, but
it's quite conceivable that they were fully aware of a "threat" ahead
and were happy they were clear of the one or two gliders that they saw.
Luke being the unspotted third!

Regards
SWK

This email and any file attachments are confidential and
they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please tell us immediately
by return email and delete the document.
The information in this email expresses the opinion of the author
and does not necessarily represent the views of ETSA Utilities.