And the we did plenty of spins in the Cap10s at the ADF Flight Training School.

David O

On 12/02/2007, at 1:30 PM, Derek Ruddock wrote:

Good example..

And what would the result have been if you had not been taught spin recovery during training?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:aus- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Gilbert
Sent: Monday, 12 February 2007 1:23 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Pirat and Polish glider that would not spin...

I don't think its a bad idea to intentionally spin a glider providing it is rated for them - doesn't hurt to know under controlled circumstances what it's habits are.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with an instructor at my gliding club yesterday - how many people here have accidently spun a glider? What were the circumstances? I have done it once - I was flying a mosquito and the flap handle was moved out of the detent by my leg whilst thermalling. Didn't progress beyond about 1/2 a turn though.

Nick.