  From: Michael Shirley
  To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
  Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:34 AM
  Subject: [Aus-soaring] Rear Vision Camera

  Lake Keepit is experimenting with an on board Tost rope recoil winch on our
eTug that eliminates loss of rings, eliminates risk of tug upset (tug has a
guillotine on the rope) reduces taxiing time, saving time and fuel. To speed up
"take up slack" we want to mount a small video camera on the tug release
bracket to see a colour marker on the rope (indicating rope nearly out) and
also to see the glider has released. eTug has the ability to descend abruptly
so safety demands certainty of glider release.

  Most car and truck rear vision cameras have a wide angle view - 95 to 110
degrees. We need about 45 degrees - can anyone help source a robust water
resistant 12v video camera?

  Michael Shirley

  http://www.eset.com

  http://www.eset.com