While the use of new technology can be fun, sometimes it can also be
distracting, and

costs far exceed gains. How many ropes do your tuggies destroy a month in
the fence, and

what is the cost?

As a Tuggie I usually see and feel the glider release, and in a lot of cases
the glider pilot keys

his mic and says thanks, indicating his release, if the glider is so far out
of station that you can't

see him in the mirror 99% of the time you will feel that too, and you hope
the instructor would do

something before you have to.  We use a wide angle mirror, great in flight,
not so great on the ground,

two mirrors would fix that.

One or two pilots like to trick you into not knowing when they have released
- they are quickly fixed,

charge them for the additional altitude that cuts down on repeat offences.

  _____