I gather CASA have brought out a directive that when aircraft are repainted
that the side rego letters on fin (or side of fuse) must be 30cm high (was 10cm
high)  Warbirds are exempt!!!  Think it would be a good idea that touring
motorgliders consider this size letters in the future otherwise CASA might
realise they forgot us and start on us again re regos. They will never inforce
the carriage of VH on gliders I am sure - Kiwiland GA do not have to carry ZK
which is fair enough for such an island country

I gather it is brought about by controllers not being able to read regos on
similar aircraft (often aircraft in company colours and similar regos) and
giving the clearance to the wrong aircraft and a possible ground collision

Just a thought for those refinishing

Ian McPhee (skype   macca304)
Box 657
Byron Bay  NSW  2481  Australia
Tel +61(0)2 66847642 mob +61(0)428847642
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.mrsoaring.com