  From: David Lawley
  To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
  Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:40 PM
  Subject: [Aus-soaring] Diesel

  Hi All,

  Whilst I understand the disgust at the price of diesel, it isnt very relevant
to the discussion.

  As I understand it diesel aircraft engines are actually run on kero/JetA1,
due to diesel having high viscosity/wax solidification problems at low temp.
(At least this was the case of a modern diesel aircraft that visited our club a
while ago)

  I remember a story my father told me of his days of trucking in the UK when
in winter they had to put a blowtorch on the fuel lines and tank to start the
motors of their trucks!

  Not to useful for aviation methinks. Now what is the price of kero/JetA1?

  Regards

  Dave