At Essendon (Melbourne) Avgas is $1.79.19 / Ltr and Jet A1 is $1.80

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Tue, 13 May 2008 05:10:17
+0000Subject: [Aus-soaring] Diesel

Hi All,Whilst I understand the disgust at the price of diesel, it isnt very
relevant to the discussion.As I understand it diesel aircraft engines are
actually run on kero/JetA1, due to diesel having high viscosity/wax
solidification problems at low temp. (At least this was the case of a modern
diesel aircraft that visited our club a while ago)I remember a story my father
told me of his days of trucking in the UK when in winter they had to put a
blowtorch on the fuel lines and tank to start the motors of their trucks!Not to
useful for aviation methinks. Now what is the price of kero/JetA1?RegardsDave

Hotmail on your mobile. Never miss another e-mail with
Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT