Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2008 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] GFA

Emilis,
You are as opaque as ever, but I am glad to see that you are (I think!) reminding the young pups that you and your fellow musketeers ( for example MB, PR. & RQ) got off your chargers and also did some very boring paper work in days of yore in an (almost forgotten) Golden Age of gliding. You intimate that a new golden age is coming (regardless of the GFA). I wish to differ with you here. It is my firm belief that we are actually in a continuing golden age, thanks to the good work done by you guys and the many who preceded you. However there are many who have taken up the burden from the pioneers and pilots from later times, and the fact that the Golden Age continues in this country is testament to that continuing unbroken commitment In passing, I note the wise words of Terry Neumann (see post 29/05/08), who has been around the scene since 1966.

I would appreciate an expansion of meaning on your statement ".....make our comments within this virtual world interaction."

I am intrigued by your mention of "lurkers". Pray, what is that?

Your last comment is provocative. I would be interested to see what fellow members of this forum make of it.

Regards,
Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Emilis Prelgauskas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 8:47 PM