Hi all,

 Mike Borgelt wrote:

>>> . You unconsciously think that GFA members and Australian glider pilots
>>> are the same thing. When you get over that we might make some progress.

How does a glider pilot operate outside the GFA? I have a C cert,
motorglider endorsement and an unrestricted RAA license. Let's suppose I won
a million dollars, decided to buy my own aircraft, and go gliding outside
the GFA. How would this actually work? Who would do my check flights etc?
And is there a standard process CASA follows, or is it decided on a
case-by-case basis?

It seems the simplest path would be to buy a light self launcher and
register it RAA. As we all know, those dangerous little ultralight
things use very unreliable engines, so engine failures may be common :)

Cheers,

Al