Some points have been made, that lack some background and thus may be
interpreted differently (and in some people's opinion, wrongly)

The Stochastic risk model is is based on more than just the Life Span study
(Japanese WW2 exposures) . I can think of at least 3 others off the top of
my head with large numbers, from the days when we did crazy things with
radiation. (TB screening/Past Ankylosing spondylitis and Breast mastitis
treatments). I say crazy, because of what we know now. Then, with the
knowledge available,it was considered a good idea.

The "body" of evidence for radiation hormesis, is significantly smaller than
that for the LNT model. Not even comparable. With what is currently known,
finding a person, or even proving one existed, who has benefited from
radiation hormesis is as unlikely as finding the "unlucky" person who
develops a tumour from his 20 microSievert Chest Xray. Besides, finding that
1 in 2 million person is not the proof that the LNT model requires to prove
it exists. That is similar to stating that,  because non smokers can also
develop lung cancer and one  cannot definitively prove that the specific
cancer in a specific smokers chest was caused by smoking, that smoking is
not directly linked with cancer.

As Jim put it, the more you bet, the "better" your chances. With radiation,
you dont know you've "won" with a bet today, till some years down the line.
So in the meantime your risk accumulates because you keep betting everyday
on an event some years into the future. Just like smoking.
(Jim rightly points out, that not all radiation associated lesions are life
threatening. As an aside, the modern radiation protection figures consider
morbidity as well.)

Radiation protection standards are reviewed every few years based on what is
known and they do change. The Life Span study is still not complete, as a
large portion of the survivors are still alive. Who knows, maybe hormetic
effects are proven in the Life Span study and the world will change its
practice? We are not blindly following the numbers from the 1950's.

Hormesis is not a new concept and is not confined to radiation.
Even though there is very little known about it, I like to think it exists.
But I personally am not going to bet on it without further evidence.
I dont think the LNT and hormeses theories/models/hypthesies are entirely
mutually exclusive. The dose vs risk graph may be linear but have a dip in
it or start at a negative risk,  for small doses.

So to be controversial, I'm going to state:
Flying a Blanik may be beneficial to your health, if you survive the flight,
due to the possible hormetic effects afforded by the low dose radiation from
the instruments.
This may, however, be negated, if you choose not to wear your sun hat.
Cheers
AJ