> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:10:43 +0000
> From: james crowhurst <jimcrowhu...@hotmail.com>
> Subject: [Aus-soaring] FLARM for winpilot
> To: aus soaring <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
>

> Anyone,
> I have recently updated to winpilot v10 and have now decided to hook up my
> PDA to the FLARM instead of the volkslogger as the gps data source. This will
> give me the talking lady and flarm 'fixes' on the map screen of the PDA.
> Using the standard 'ozflarm' can someone tell me which of the wires to use as
> 'data out' when I plug in a LAN type cable to the 2nd port of the ozflarm.
> Also, is there any set up to be done with the ozflarm regarding the
> appropriate output for winpilot.
>
> IN short, has anyone hooked up ozflarm to winpilot to give them the FLARM
> functions, and if so how.
>
> Jim

 Hi Jim, The info you need is in the OZFLARM installation manual.

There are 2 sockets on the back of the Flarm. When viewed from the rear the
left socket (CHG/DATA/NPS)gives NMEA out on pin 3, this does not include FLARM
data. The right hand socket (Power/Data) transmits flarm data on pin 5 and
recieves data on pin 6. & and 8 are earth.

I have not used winpilot but the FLARM data is displayed by XCSoar, so I
presume winpilot is also ablke to do so.

If Winpilot cannot display FLAQRM data it may not be able to use the Power/data
output.

Looking at the rear of Flarm the pins number form *RIGHT TO LEFT*, the IGC in
its "wisdom" used the opposite numbering to the ethernet standard.

I strongly recommend you download the manual mentioned.

Dave L