Tim Shirley
>The structure matters only to the
>extent that it affects the outcome for members, and its not clear to
>me
>that a better outcome would necessarily result.
>
>Sean Jorgensen-Day
>>You may find that like many other members we simply don't really
>>mind what the GFA does as long as we are allowed to continue flying
>>and soaring in piece.

My reading is that
the absence of knowledge amongst individuals about just how much the
individual's freedom to fly
is intimately linked to
management capability in the federal structure,
is created by the barriers to new blood getting access to that
federal structure.

In other areas of my life it has been rewarding to watch
reinvigoration and successful new outcomes when in moribund
organisations a new person at the helm simply invited in goodwill
from the broad membership, which resulted in inflow too of interest,
effort, and  most importantly the much needed management talent
itself, which is often latent across the broad membership.