I am a little confused by the free distance definition below-

2. A "Free Distance Flight" from the Sporting Code is "A flight measured for distance from a departure point via not more than three previously declared turn points, to a landing place not necessarily specified before take- off. The TP's must be at least 10km apart, and they may be claimed once, in any
sequence, or not at all".  You need a barograph, and photo's.

Am I correct in saying- I can fly anywhere I like, as long as I have declared three turn-points which I don't even need to use, The turn points can be any distance greater than 10k apart meaning that if I flew for instance a triangle around them, the total distance would be just over 30k, so I obviously would need to make the distance up by flying to other undeclared turn-points. I would need to photograph these turn-points and name them in the claim, or use an appropriate approved datalogger. Is this correct?

David