From: Tim Shirley <tshir...@internode.on.net>
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Mon, 15 February, 2010 3:38:29 PM
Subject: [Aus-soaring] FlyWithCE Position Recorder

Hi all,

The FlyWithCE flight recorder has been approved as a Position Recorder in
Australia.  Details of the approval are on the GFA Website (or will be shortly).

This means that from today it can be used for the verification of distance and
duration when claiming Silver and Gold badges.  As the device does not contain
a pressure sensor, height verification (including for the verification of start
and finish heights) will require a barograph to be carried.

Details of the device can be found through the website of the local agent, at
www.gosoaring.com.au.

Cheers

Tim