One easy thing to remember on getting approval is how the GPS data is input
into the system.
If for example the PNA could confirm that it was an internal GPS, then it could
be considered - I don't think this is however possible.

But anytime there is an external source (Garmin et al) going into the PDA, then
it can't be approved, because there is no way to know the data has not been
modified.

That is why things like the Flarm are allowed - GPS is internal to the device.

Hope that helps.

Scott

----- "Tim Shirley" <tshir...@internode.on.net> wrote:

Hi Dave,

The only other device being considered at present is the Garmin 76, but that
approval is not currently close. I think it would be fair to say that the
majority of commercially available navigators of that style will not be easy to
approve under current rules.

Joey is already an approved barograph, and has been for many years. It’s
ability as a Position Recorder would be dependent on approval of the GPS source
device.

Under the current rules I don’t think it would be possible to approve PDA or
PNA devices.

Cheers

Tim