"cost recovery" sounds almost reasonable... pity it actually means "you pay for the inefficiencies, red tape and wastage of the government system behind this stupid idea"!

Texler, Michael wrote:
Yup, same thing happened to me. My ASIC expired in Sep 09.

I remember being advised by CASA to get your renewal in early (6 weeks)
so that all the checks could be completed in time, because there had
been a big delay when the system was introduced. I didn't want to have a
non-valid ASIC.

Due to some bureuacratic anomaly ( ;-P ), I got my renewed ASIC back
very quickly with a renewal date of Jul 11.

I rang up CASA and cried foul because I thought it was a two year
renewal from the renewal date, then I was walked through the fine print.
The words "cost recovery" went through my mind.

Oh foozle......