From: Mike Borgelt <mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com>
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Tue, 27 July, 2010 9:04:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] electric glider

Matthew,

The Fischer TOP is 18KW for self launch and works fine. A little
extra power plus the ability to use a larger prop for higher
propeller efficiency (use the 2000rpm motor, not the 2400rpm motor)
should mean the 20KW is OK at least up to around 400Kg gross.

Optimum might be 30KW for a single seater but they don't make one (yet).

The front guys have a quite small propeller which means the prop
efficiency isn't all that good. It is power delivered to the glider
that counts. For low speeds the larger the prop diameter the better.

Just got an automated reply about price. Everyone is at Oshkosh of
course as it starts today.

Mike

email:  mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com
website: www.borgeltinstruments.com