Ben,
I suspect that you should make that the best Colibri agent in AUSTRALIA, as
John is perhaps the only one(??)

Your current post does, I think, touch on a very important issue relevant to
gliding in Australia (and in the wider context, possibly worldwide gliding),
and that is the availability of service - in all its many aspects - for a sport
that is very reliant - unless you a traditionalist, in which case your bum is
enough ["No red or green pith balls for me"!] - on supply and technical support
for the electrical/electronic instruments most of us now use, and are utterly
?? dependant on.

Let me say that whilst we live in the "global village" and theoretically it
shouldn't matter very much where we live when it comes to buying the "essential
instrumentation", for our dream machine,  when something goes wrong with this
equipment and we need a fix NOW, we have a whole new ball game!

I think we are very fortunate, here in Australia, to have DEDICATED
people/businesses who - initially over and above service - can actually design,
build, and market "State of the Art"  equipment at a competitive price.

 In most cases, (good), service follows as a matter of course.

So let me name a few Australian names - there are doubtless more - that deserve
your support ;
Borgelt Instruments
Tasman Instruments
Swift Avionics
Microair
X Country Soar
Altair
If you are a Cambridge fan, Ian McPhee will look after you.

Regards,
Gary