FWIW I use a couple of different tapes:

        - Short term use ie a few months (eg wing roots) I use the Bowlus
tape from Bruce Taylor.

        - Long term use ie 12 months or more, I use 3M type 471 tape. The 3M
stuff is available from most packaging distributors and can be cut to
a custom width (suits some of the wider gaps on the old Bergy). Whilst
it is more expensive, it is exceedingly good and very, very durable.

        All of the adhesives used by tape manufacturers are liable to react
with UV light and will leave a hard yellow residue after a very long
period of application. You may wish to either: replace the tape every
12 months and do a small amount of clean up each time, or replace the
tape when it has completely deteriorated and do a major clean up. The
3M tape I had on the Bergy's elevator trim tab was in place for nearly
5 years before the 10 yearly survey caught up with it

 Anthony

 On Wed 22/09/10 9:12 AM , "Grant Davies" gr...@davies.id.au sent:

        *

        Hi there,

        Can anyone point me in the right direction for good tape for wings
and control surfaces please?

        The cheap cloth stuff has way too much glue and when the it
deteriorates (way to soon) I always have a big messy job ahead of me
to clean it all off.

        Kindest Regards

        Grant Davies

        m. 0419 818 315

        f. 07 41 54 14 36

        e. gr...@davies.id.au

        FROM: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] ON BEHALF OF Jenny
Ganderton
 SENT: Tuesday, 21 September 2010 10:48 PM
 TO: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
 SUBJECT: Re: [Aus-soaring] Felt for Tail Dolly?

        Hi Catherine,

        I found that place on the internet, but wasn't sure what grade I
would need. Thanks for your help.

        Jenny