To answer your question "4. Is it worth it?": YES.
My club has a Blanik, obviously it is worth nothing but scrap unless it can fly. It is our only 2 seat glider. Most other 2 seat gliders are too heavy for our ultralight tug. The club could afford to buy another trainer, and I suggested affordable options - but it won't, so fixing our existing aircraft is the only way to keep going. So it is worth up to the value of what our very nice, low hours Blanik would be worth once it is flyable again.
Kym.

_Re Blaniks_
The President confirms that the Llewelyn mod for 8 Blaniks is OK, and should be OK for others provided they are "modified to the full extent of the STC to L13A1 standard". Much of this note seems quite premature, given that facilitating "work is in progress". The three obvious questions that arise are:
1.  How much?
2.  Who is approved to do the work?
3. Who is actually prepared to do the work?
The first question give rise to a further question;
4. Is it worth it?
My guess is that the answer to the first question is "substantial", to the second "many", to the third "very few - unless they can make big bucks from their efforts." and to the last "no". It all appears to be a bit like the question "Do you want the good news first, or the bad news first?"