From: "gstev...@bigpond.com" <gstev...@bigpond.com>
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Thu, 17 March, 2011 11:52:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] State of mind/breakaway groups

Paul,
I think you are missing the point entirely.
Age has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Gary

Are you intending to fly the SZD 55 at DDSC over Easter?
Looks like there is already a Goondiwindi "breakaway group" forming.
During a comp many years ago 8 pilots landed out at Donald A/F in
Victoria. They decided that they would all get aerotow retrieves. 4 pilots
elected to launch off 08. The other 4 decided on 36! What is truly amazing is
that nobody decided to use 09/27.
I note that nobody from any of the 3 clubs at Bacchus Mash, took up Tim
Shirley's (surely tongue in cheek?), recent query on this forum as to why there
should be 3 individual clubs (with a common purpose?), operating from this
airfield.