I highly doubt if any of the top 50% or so of comp pilots would be on music,
some don't even like radio. [Ingo dosen't even like audio vario!!]
Tom

--- On Thu, 14/4/11, Mark Fisher <m...@spe.com.au> wrote:

From: Mark Fisher <m...@spe.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Music while flying?
To: tom.wilk...@internode.on.net, "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in
Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>

Not a problem when you are <30 years of age Tom.  Get an old set of ears and
see how you go.For me, I'd like to think pilots are flying their gliders with
all their OWN instruments focused on the job, especially when they
are anywhere near me.

If it truly enhanced flying ability every comp pilot in the world would be
'plugged in'. Somehow I don't think you'll find too many admit to doing this.
How would you feel about your instructor plugging his Ipod into his head while
training because it  "increased his focus" ?

If you were working for me, your IPOD would be elsewhere.
..........................................Just a grumpy old man talking I
suspect.
What's your aircraft Rego??  I'll keep an eye out for it.

CheersMark