Hi Ross,
I understand that the HC was reviewing handicaps, mainly to update and/or
correct anomalies resulting from incorrect original input data, new data,
manufacturer's changes to designs, and such like, rather than making radical
changes.

In a volunteer organisation, it is not surprising that such anomalies can and
do occur, and indeed you and your Committee (and those that have gone before
you), have generally done a good job under sometimes (no doubt), trying
circumstances.

I applaud your recent earlier request to aircraft owners to contact you, in the
case of seemingly erroneous handicaps. You, and fellow committee members are
not mind readers, after all!

Can you/Will you/Are you now in a position, to give us a detailed update, on
all the glider types considered in the review, and the changes (if any), that
the Committee decided to instigate, as a result of the review?

If the review still has some way to go, when do you expect the Committee's
findings and decisions to be made known?

I do appreciate that a written report to the Australian Gliding Fraternity may
involve some/a lot of work on your part, but I think that in the past, the
reasons for some (no doubt necessary), changes have not been explained - either
adequately, or at all, and led in some quarters, to ongoing resentment to
seemingly biased decisions, by the Committee. {Is it possible that Nigel is
possibly suggesting this - tongue in cheek of course! .....Gasp!}

In this day and age transparency is everything.

I await your response with interest.

Gary