Study by the RAF and Cranfield University on the Air Cadets' G109s in 2002 goes into a far bit of detail...

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/Data/glider-conspicuity-study.pdf

On 22/05/12 13:35, opsw...@bigpond.net.au wrote:

RAF did a big study prior to painting their Hawk trainers as they had a number
of close calls.  Eventually they painted them black.

Peter Heath

---- Daryl Mackay<darylmac...@gmail.com>  wrote:

In my RAAF experience we were concerned with the opposite need. I wouldn't
go for a whitish blue beneath with a junglegreen wooven in with brown on
top surface combo.

Kind regards
Daryl