From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of S S
Sent: Wednesday, 13 June 2012 7:10 AM
To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Garmin 12 xl repairs / GPS wanted

Hi,

Does anyone know who still repairs Garmin 12xl  GPS units.

Three or so years back I had link to a place that sent them to Korea or Hong
Kong for internal battery replacement and/or repairs,

this was basically a "change-over" service,

but I can no longer find this site, and an internet search turns up one post
in australia back in about 2004.

Garmin website has no suggestion they support anything except warranty.

As these units are still very handy  and the user interface is simple and
clear,  I'd like get mine going.

It has failed and when "On" button is held, it gives a warning " UPLOAD NOT
PRESENT"  and will not start.

So that doesn't look like an internal battery problem. (yes it has had good
batteries installed always, so the internal one was not drained)

Otherwise,

anyone with a    Garmin 12xl or 12cx   FOR SALE,     please email me at
ssm...@bigpond.com

thanks

Stu