From: "Terry Neumann" <tfneum...@internode.on.net>
To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Thursday, 19 July, 2012 12:37:02 AM (GMT+1000) Auto-Detected
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Club Class Records: unofficial

On 18/07/2012 11:18 PM, Peter Brookman wrote:

I think Geoff Tremain did a flight in the Bordertown Boomerang in late 1960's
early 70's , Bordertown- Burra return which is over 600 kms and was a record
distance at that time.
If I recall correctly, this flight was on 15th February 1968. His turning point
was possibly Mount Bryan - a little further even than Burra. It was a very good
flight by Geoff - It may have been written up in AG?

I was in the air on the same day. It was one of the best XC days I have ever
encountered, and I should have aimed further than I did, but a 300km triangle
seemed like a fair challenge at the time with a retrieve crew engaged in other
activities which would have meant a long wait in a hot paddock if it didn't
turn out. Happily it did.

I think Sue Martin may have also set a record on the same day, but then it was
all a long time ago now.................

Regards,
TN