Hi,

When people start talking of glider batteries I laugh at their logic. We have a toy that cost anywhere between 2 - 10k and upwards to keep in the air each year(not including getting to and from the airfield and actually getting it in the air) and they are not willing to replace a couple of batteries each year for well under a $100.

These fancy batteries may be ok but in the vast majority of gliders the simple still works best and is cheap and safe.

Yes I do play with these fancy batteries in my radio control toys but withgreat care and they are always stored in a lipo safe bag. You only have to watch this video to agree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw8jb1KmAG8 yes I know the newer ones are better but these are only small and look at how they go up and even the newer ones can still have problems.

regards,
Arie