  From: Future Aviation
  To: 'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'
  Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 3:49 PM
  Subject: [Aus-soaring] Coaching issues

  Dear all!

  Please allow me to pass on some experience gained during the recent WIG week
(Women in Gliding) at Gawler.

  The roof of my car was accidently dented by Mrs. Jo Wooler - a fellow glider
pilot from the Caboolture Gliding Club

  in QLD. She lifted the right wing of the ASH 25 and by doing so she hit my
car which she parked under the left

  wing just a few minutes earlier. Fortunately the wing was not damaged.

  This mishap occurred after she received free of charge coaching for several
hours in my ASH 25. She was extremely

  apologetic for her lapse of concentration and immediately offered
compensation. Over the following days she repeatedly

  assured me to cover the cost of dent removal in full.

  However, after getting back to Queensland Mrs. Wooler had a remarkable change
of attitude. At first she suggested to

  pay 50% of the repair costs and a week later she e-mailed to say that it was:
"...indeed shameful behaviour for

  me to hold her responsible at all."

  On request I can make copies of our correspondence available. It makes for
very interesting reading and demonstrates

  how easily humans are inclined to compromise their moral and ethical
standards when the impact on their hip pocket

  becomes a little clearer.

  Be warned - coaching and trying to help others is not always a rewarding
experience! When the total cost of less than

  a week of coaching is approaching $1500 it can put you off proper!!!

  Bernard Eckey