Ron,

whole thing's academic. Casa canned the glider pilots licence. It will become
part of the new part 61 when they promulgate it. .

Topic: Closure of Standards Development Project – FS 12/21
Jill Collinge (CASA)
posted 26 March 2013 15:29
Dear Flight Crew Licensing Standards Sub-committee Members

Please be advised of the closure of Standards Development project – FS 12/21 -
Early Implementation of CASR Part 61 provisions - CASA Glider Pilot Licence

This project has been cancelled due to the imminent implementation of CASR Part
61 which contains the required licence provisions.

Full details of the archived project can be found at:
http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts...MS:PWA::pc=PC_100935

Kind regards

Jill Collinge
Standards Division

So stop worrying...

Peter Heath

---- Terry Home <terrycub...@bigpond.com> wrote:

=============
Sounds like you have too many licenses Ron! Just put them all on the table and
you should be right.

Lucky for you, most Italian gliders are registered in Germany as the taxes etc
are lower.

My experience has been that you need to get an equivalence in the country of
registration. Italian, French Norwegian. My Gfa white card plus a BGA 'licence'
plus any other bit of paper and some patience resulted in the approval.

Norway was easiest, basically a check flight. The more international your
license the less patience you need. The ICAO language on the new Australian GPL
should make it easier.

Comments indicate that flying a German registered glider is the hardest.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone