Guys,  well I have read the proposed part 61 and I now understand why I did
engineering at uni instead of law!  I wish I had also read the index as the
gliding stuff is at the very back. Well, it still does not tell me how to
get a Glider pilots licence, it seems that I can not get an "Glider"  or
"Self Launching Sailplane" endorsement on my ATPL or PPL for that matter. I
still have to have a annual flight check from a Gliding Instructor and also
it seems that my six monthly checks in the 737 or A380 for that matter do
not count for anything other than for that "class" of aircraft and I still
have to have a bi annual flight check if I wish to fly aeroplanes of
another class.

May be in the eventual implementation of this new reg things might get
clearer but I hold no hope for being able to operate my self launch two
seater the way I would like to and the way it was designed to be operated,
Ie if I was towing the thing back to WA and wanted to stick it together at
Caiguna and launch and soar the Australian bight cliffs with my wife or
whever I can not.

Fortunately my glider is not insured and when I no longer need a
professional licence I wont care what is written down anywhere.