Thanks Ian and Mike.

That advice is a bit more than a hint!

 Now why didn't I work that out for myself? On reflection - DON'T ASK!

Will make the mod soonest.

Why is this sort of thing not incorporated as standard, by the glider
manufacturers? The Principals almost invariably  live in a climate vastly
different to that experienced in Australia, but in reality that is no
excuse, as I am sure that  they get lots of feedback from their customers
here and from  others  based all over the world:  Extreme hot and extreme
cold. Maybe all experienced in a single wave flight, over a few hours?  I
suspect that the glider manufacturers sometimes have quite a different
agenda to their customers.  In particular,  think  about the history of GRP
glider finishes and the materials used.

Comments?

Gary