From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Mal Bruce
Sent: Friday, 20 December 2013 8:50 PM
To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Petition to remove ASIC

ASIC at $200.50 is expensive in comparison.

Opens Cabling Licence old AUSTEL $84.50 every three years.
CPR first aid every 2 or 3 years $120.00
Certificate Skid Steer Loader & Excavator $1200.00 once off
Certificate I in Construction (Whitecard WA & NSW) $70 each once off
NSW Snow Drivers Licence $200.00 once off
Authorised Bus Driver GP3557 $70.00 every three years plus medical.
WWC0157205E working with children check $80.00 every four years
HR Drivers Licence $81.00 5 years its half price due no point loss.
Fireams licence $100.00 5 years
Pilots Licence & Medical two years depends on age and level of licence and
medical condition $200.00 to $400.00

A security guard in Adelaide tried to ASIC check us I asked him if he was
and Aviation security inspector he shoved his security licence in my face I
happily told him it had expired and walked off laughing. Check the checkers.
ask for their identification check the date. Also check the photo.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2013C00204/Html/Text#_Toc353975553

Part 5—Powers of officials

Division 5.1—Aviation security inspectors

5.01  Identity cards

             (1)  For subsection 78(2) of the Act, the requirements as to
the form of an identity card are as follows:

                     (a)  the card must set out the holder’s full name;

                     (b)  the card must bear a recent photograph of the
holder;

                     (c)  the card must bear a statement to the effect that
the holder is an aviation security inspector for the purposes of Part 5 of
the Act and this Part;

                     (d)  the card must bear the signatures of the holder
and the Secretary.

             (2)  If a person representing or apparently representing an
aviation industry participant so requests, an aviation security inspector
must show his or her identity card to the person.

Penalty:  5 penalty units.

             (3)  A person who ceases to be an aviation security inspector
must return his or her identity card to the Secretary within 7 days.

Penalty:  5 penalty units.

             (4)  Before an aviation security inspector exercises any power
under these Regulations (other than regulation 7.08) in relation to a
person, the inspector must show his or her identity card to the person.

Penalty:  5 penalty units.