Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:55:54 +1000
To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
From: mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Turnpoints

This is the frightening bit:

 "the aircraft computer applied vastly less thrust
"

Is there something wrong with having the computer work out the power
setting required and have the flight crew move the throttles to the
required setting?

Or having an acceleration monitor with a liftoff prediction once the
thing starts moving?

Or having flight crew familiar enough with the aircraft to know that the
thrust setting called for, at a weight you should have some feel for,
seems wrong?

Mike