These people get the foam in a large billet, and will cut you a piece to the
size and thickness required. From memory, their price was NOT competitive,
but that was years ago - maybe they now do a better deal?

Confor  is a brand name, and other manufacturers (in the USA), make similar
products. Note the plural in products: As well as different thicknesses the
foam is made in different densities, which are usually colour coded. For
Confor, green is the way to go. I think the blue product that Ian refers to
MAY be produced by another manufacturer. Ian??

To the best of my knowledge this type of foam is not manufactured in
Australia. Can anybody prove me wrong/advise of an Australian manufacturer?

I note that Cumulus Soaring in the States is also a retail supplier.

GFA on its old web site had a useful discussion on the product, but I do not
know if this information was carried across to the new site. Tim Shirley, do
you know?

As a matter of interest the impact absorbing foam (Confor etc), can be
layered with other products too. I bought a layer of memory foam (as used
for comfort on some wheel-chairs), but never got around to actually making
it up and using it with the Confor in my glider cushion.

Regards,
Gary