Mark,

You seem to be receiving some good ideas, but I wonder if they are really
addressing the issue?

If I read you correctly, in comparison to (relatively recent??) good past
performance, thing have got worse without anything material  being changed
in the system. If that is the case then there must either be an external
cause, or something has changed within the system that you do not know
about.

Considering the former. What has changed around Benalla in the recent past
that might affect your reception? Is it a matter of atmospherics: Is anybody
else using this band - maybe in Shepparton - experiencing similar problems?

Considering the latter, start with the  simplest  things first - ie poor
connections. Mal Bruce made some good suggestions here. Maybe you just have
a replacement parts issue? Does your company have a reliable technician, to
maintain/service the gear?

If on the other hand you actually HAVE made one or more changes to the
system, then you need to revisit those changes, and see if one (or a
combination), are the cause of the problem .

Good luck.

Regards,

Gary