Absolutely agree Greg, Our club used to discourage pre solo and early post solo
pilots from attending camps.  Now we encourage them to come and experience XC
soaring and get involved at an early stage which has proved highly beneficial
to their training.   At our last Christmas Camp several new comers experienced
some significant XC flights with instructors with two of our newest post solo
pilots achieving their silver C (well done Tony and  Jackson !).

I believe where possible extended soaring flights should always be included as
part of the training,  after all that's what our sports all about!

John Parncutt,

VMFG (Melbourne Gliding Club)