Hi all,

Flarms are standalone devices. They won't stop working tomorrow, because there is nothing to stop them working. A Flarm on V5 will see a Flarm on V5 just the same for ever, so it is probably better for the upgrade at a club, or in an area where gliders often fly together, to be co-ordinated. Making an instant change to your own Flarm might simply disable yours :)

Flarm is being 100% consistent in its policy, and if that is irresponsible well then more irresponsibility from Tony Abbott would be good (if that is possible). They have NEVER guaranteed that a major version upgrade is backward compatible, in fact they have always said that any backward compatibility between major versions is coincidental. I make no comment on the reasons or the necessity for this policy.

There's nothing wrong with a Flarm, except for the far too high expectations we have of it.

Just look out the window - no version changes required but make sure your specs are up to spec.

Cheers

/Tim Shirley/

/tra dire é fare c' é mezzo il mare/