Some months ago, I asked some questions here on this list about how to get a
“Glider Pilot Certificate” on the way to getting a CASA “Glider Pilot License”.

I got a variety of helpful responses directly and indirectly, along with a few
folks basically wishing me luck !!

Well, I actually did manage to do it in the end - it took months, but the CASA
GPL turned up in the mail today (as an endorsement on my Part 61 license).

For those of you who either want to do the same thing, or for those who are
simply masochists, I’ve just spent some happy time today writing down the
journey so far.

I’ve done that mostly in the hope that others may find it helpful to make their
own (similar) journey easier, if they should wish to undertake that journey
themselves in the future.

Here it is:

http://simonhackett.com/2015/04/17/australian-to-usa-glider-pilot-license/

Cheers,