Hi Simon,

I am not sure whether to offer congratulations or commiserations at the results
of your quest to obtain an Australian "Glider Pilot License".
Your review of the process will help others I am sure.

Hopefully the GFA Board and the "leaders" in CASA's Sport Aviation group here
in Australia read of your experience and appreciate the absolute stupidity
created
by the system that have created and administer. More importantly, it is hoped
the Director
of Civil Aviation Safety (Mark Skidmore) also reads of your experience and
takes some action
to quell his out-of-control Officers.

It would seem from your experience, the US FAA are not much better than the
local CASA
(WOFTAM) administration.

So whether to celebrate or commiserate - have a "bubbly" anyway.

Regards,

John Hudson