We’ve had a lot of success, once the nuances were learned. Things that were
tricky the first time around, but are okay once you get the hang of it:

- AD sync
- managing the users after AD sync is in place (having to edit the actual ADSI
attributes is a bit strange)
- importing PST files into Online Archive (requires uploading to Azure blob
storage via PowerShell)
- having different email addresses and logins (eg.
jd...@1300webpro.com.au<mailto:jd...@1300webpro.com.au> as my login and deck as
my AD login --> d...@1300webpro.com.au<mailto:d...@1300webpro.com.au> as my UPN)

Certainly, when you have weirdness and have to contact China it is an absolute
nightmare. We have one at the moment where a user’s outgoing mail (external
senders only) get stuck in the Outbox in Outlook for a period of time. The
support person’s “resolution” was to use OWA.

On the whole, I would rate the experience of post-migration users as superior
to on-prem (aside from when you have a “call China” problem). I am very much an
on-prem person, so this assessment is saying something :)

​Kind Regards,
​
James Deck
Managing Director
1300 Web Pro
p1300 932 776
ejd...@1300webpro.com.au
w1300webpro.com.au
aUnit 22, 489 South StreetToowoomba4350

Unit 14, 17 Karp Court
Bundall
4217
Need help? Click here to log a job online...