We used a product called MigrationWiz to migrate our 7000 users.

The only issue with using a product like that is the rate limit into the
tenant. However you can request MS turn it off for a period of time.

We’ve been running with Exchange Online since 2013. There have been occasional
network issues, but they are usually short in duration and exacerbated by us
being a global organisation with our tenant based in North Central US.

Sent from my iPhone