2017-10-24 11:31:08 +0200, Joerg Schilling:
[...]
> Given that there is no standard for a VFS interface and the fact that the
> Linux
> VFS implementation is more than sub-optimal (see the discussions about
> reiserfs
> and Linux) it would be a bad idea to standardize something that is based on a
> Linux kernel implementation detail.
[...]

Could you please clarify what discussion you're referring to and
in which way it is relevant to this discussion?

I don't remember seeing a reference to reiserfs on the austin
group ml recently
(https://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=reiserfs&l=austin-group-l%40opengroup.org
returns nothing at all), and I can't find anything at
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?a=1&l=all&haswords=reiserfs+linux&x=10&y=18&from=&subject=&datewithin=1m&date=2017-10-24&notwords=&o=newest
that stands out from a cursory look as being the discussion
you're referring to.

AFAIK, reiserfs is only available on Linux, so all reiserfs
discussions will be about Linux as well.

IMO, such unsubstantiated claims are not useful to the
discussion however true they may be.

Thanks,
Stephane