> On Oct 8, 2018, at 1:43 PM, enh <e...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 12:09 PM Mike Crowe <theopengr...@mac.mcrowe.com>
>> wrote:

I'd rather see the clock id passed in as it's more generally useful.  By using
_monotonic, it implies that there are only 2 clocks that matter, the default
clock is widely chosen wrong, and that you can't change it on a per-thread
basis, not that you want other clock options.  I can't change the c++ standard,
but it doesn't seem like an elegant solution to add a lot of duplicate
_monotonic functions that serve only the monotonic clock.  I admit, I am not
familiar with the history behind this.

It is conceivable that you could wait on more than just the real-time and
monotonic clocks.  FreeBSD, at least via pthread_condattr_setclock(), allows
you to wait on _REALTIME, _VIRTUAL, _PROF, and _MONOTONIC clocks.  In addition
to those, it defines several more.  Solaris defines 6 clocks, though I'm not
sure how many are waitable.

--
DE