On Monday 29 October 2018 at 13:42:59 -0700, Tom Cherry wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 5:16 PM Mark Harris <mh-aus...@osj.us> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 at 13:14, Mike Crowe <theopengr...@mac.mcrowe.com>
> > wrote:

> The two message queue functions are directly implemented with a system
> call on Linux at least, so I'm not sure that we should make new
> versions of these unless we get the underlying system call to accept
> different clocks.

The libc implementation can accept the clock parameter, but fail if it is
passed anything other then CLOCK_REALTIME. Maybe one day the system call
can gain CLOCK_MONOTONIC support, and then support can be implemented in
libc.

If we're going to add these clockid_t parameters, then we might as well add
them everywhere.

> I believe the posix tracing functions are marked as
> obsolescent, so it seems to be best to leave them alone as well.

That makes sense to me. Let me refine that "everywhere" to not include
stuff that's deprecated. :)

> I agree with the creating these same variants for other four functions.

So, it looks like we just need to agree on the names then, and I can try to
write some words. I shall endeavour to write a summary of the naming
options over the weekend.

Thanks.

Mike.