2019-07-29 13:30:56 -0500, Eric Blake:
> On 7/29/19 1:08 PM, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
[...]
> > I had the vague recollection that there was but I can't find it
> > now. If there's not, that would be a bug in the spec as several
> > shells including ksh, bash, zsh, yash treat it as the start of
> > an array element assignment (like in:
[...]

Sorry, I was wrong about yash. Array element assignment in yash
is done with the "array" builtin.

> > x[ foo
> > + 1]=value
>
> Ouch. I think you've identified a real problem.

Not that big a problem as I don't expect anyone would use "x["
in the first word of a command.

Thanks for double-checking. I thought there was text that
explicitely allowed that ksh behaviour, maybe I was confusing

BTW, what's the point of 2.10.2 7a? It seems 7b already says
what 7a says (if the TOKEN doesn't contain a =, then rule 1
applies). The distinction seems to be caused by the distinction
between cmd_name vs cmd_word grammar rules which seems to be
about keywords not being recognised after redirections or
assignments, but I can't see how 7a/7b help there.

--
Stephane