2019-07-29 22:25:29 +0100, Stephane Chazelas:
> 2019-07-29 21:33:50 +0100, Stephane Chazelas:
> [...]
> > BTW, what's the point of 2.10.2 7a? It seems 7b already says
> > what 7a says (if the TOKEN doesn't contain a =, then rule 1
> > applies). The distinction seems to be caused by the distinction
> > between cmd_name vs cmd_word grammar rules which seems to be
> > about keywords not being recognised after redirections or
> > assignments, but I can't see how 7a/7b help there.
> [...]
>
> It seems it was broken in the 2016 edition by the resolution of
> http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=839
[...]

I see it (and several other issues) was already raised in
http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1100
which was rejected.

The grammar in the suggested resolution there makes a lot more
sense to me than the current one but that may be down to me
missing some background on yacc parsing and misunderstanding how
it works.

Since 1100 was rejected, shouldn't the other issues it was meant
to factorize (which doesn't include this one though) and were
closed as duplicate reopened?

--
Stephane