Robert Elz wrote, on 10 Sep 2020:

 ... a hugely long email that I have neither the time nor the energy to
reply to point by point.  Most of it constitutes an attempt to reverse
a decision that has already been made in a teleconference - that we
will standardise sig2str() and str2sig() as implemented in Solaris and
other SVR4 derivatives.  I can't see the ORs changing their minds on
this.

There was one part concerning an editorial matter which I will respond
to ...

>> That is exactly what I was trying to do.  The table has no table number, so
>> the only way to refer to it is by some descriptive means.
>
> That's fine, but the one obvious way to descriptively refer to a list in a
> table would be to use the word "table" somewhere in that description, wouldn't
> it?

Good point.  I will change it to include the word "table".

> It turns out that there is just one table in <signal.h> (in XBD)

There are three, actually.  The other two are near the end of the
DESCRIPTION section.

--
Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England

      • Re:... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Rep... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [1003.1(2016... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [1003.1(2016... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [1003.1(2016... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [1003.1... Garrett Wollman via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: [10... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group