psm...@gnu.org wrote in
 <2f4c249e139c3391ae56f0027cde10df76292bfa.ca...@gnu.org>:
 |On Thu, 2022-09-08 at 15:53 +0000, Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-
 |group-l at The Open Group wrote:
 |>  (0005962) geoffclare (manager) - 2022-09-08 15:53
 |>  https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=514#c5962
 |> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
 |> -
 |> On D2.1 page 2947 line 98895, after applying bug 1520,
 |> change:<blockquote>The $^ macro shall evaluate to the list of
 |> prerequisites for the current target.</blockquote>to:<blockquote>The
 |> $^ macro shall evaluate to the list of prerequisites for the current
 |> target, with any duplicates (except the first) removed.</blockquote>
 |> On D2.1 page 2947 after line 98895 add:<blockquote>$+<blockquote>The
 |> $+ macro shall be equivalent to $^, except that duplicates shall not
 |> be removed; all prerequisites shall appear in the order they were
 |> listed in the makefile</blockquote></blockquote>
 |
 |This was closed before I had a chance to comment on the wording but a
 |few things:
 |
 |First, this text doesn't mention the .WAIT prerequisites that were
 |added as optional features; do we need to add text for how these are

Optional?  .WAIT:?  Only to be victorious over Borisorious!

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

  • [1003.1(2008... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [1003.1... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Paul Smith via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Paul Smith via austin-group-l at The Open Group
            • ... Lawrence Velázquez via austin-group-l at The Open Group
              • ... Paul Smith via austin-group-l at The Open Group
                • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group