Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group wrote in
 <2b5daa16a52f70c01b47c5d1ad8b3...@austingroupbugs.net>:
 |https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1798
 | (0006710) geoffclare (manager) - 2024-03-07 18:14
 | https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1798#c6710
 |> You're missing the fact that the underlying OS does *not* maintain a file
 |position on directory descriptors.
 |
 |Actually, I think I knew that, but had forgotten it.
 |
 |So the Cygwin lseek() must have to fake an offset for fds associated with a
 |directory stream - presumably returning the read count - and accept those
 |faked offsets as input.
 |
 |To make it work for an lseek() on an fd obtained from dup(), as in
 |https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1798#c6703, couldn't you have dup()
 |notice that the fd passed in is
 |associated with a directory stream and create an association between the
 |new fd and the same directory stream?  Admittedly the code would be more
 |complicated if a directory stream can be associated with more than one fd,
 |but it seems to me that this could be a promising approach that would
 |provide better compatibility with other systems.

hihihi.  I should have read all emails before sending noise.

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: [Is... Corinna Vinschen via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Corinna Vinschen via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: [Is... Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: [Is... Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: [Is... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group