On Feb 23, 2000, Linus Nordberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ah.  Do you know where the ``official'' version of config.guess is
> expected to be found?

:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvs module config

>    Doesn't it do it already?  I mean, it says i[3456]86,
>    alpha{,ev[5678]*}, sparc{,64,v9}, etc.  Just not for all systems.

> We need more.  The flavour of the processor is essential for picking
> the best assembly code base.  `pentium2' vs. `pentiummmx' is one
> example.  AMD vs. Intel x86 is another.

I think it would be nice to have this kind of information printed by
config.guess.  But there may be backward compatibility issues.  Ben
will know what to do.

--
Alexandre Oliva     http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/     Enjoy Guaranį
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com